Monday, July 30, 2007

Nags Head Day 2 Sunrise


I thought it would be a good idea to get up and watch an ocean sunrise. Unfortunately there were more clouds than sun. The actual sunrise wasn't spectacular in a photographic way but the dolphins swimming, early fishermen, and seabirds made getting up at the crack of dawn well worth it.





Sit back and enjoy the ocean. Look carefully you can see the dolphins.


Anna and Michael hit the beach at 8, the rest of the crew emerged from the house around 10. The sky was overcast, waves a little rougher but that didn't stop the boys from playing in the water. This is Jim's Pirates of the Atlantic Coast imitation.

Robin and I got to fly our kites today (we bought them last night!). It was remarkable how easily an ocean breeze takes them up. Mine is the rainbow colored kite; Robin has a dolphin and lighthouse on hers. I found out that once you get a kite into the air - someone or thing has to hold it in place. Unfortunately my bag was too light and the umbrella to cheap to do the job so I wound up bringing the kite back in.


A storm moved in and beach fun was called to a halt. Jim, Anna, and the boys packed up for home. That left Jill, Robin, Alicia, and I in a quiet house where we once again took out our summer reading materials. Until we decided to take a drive to the south on the North Carolina Coastal Road past the Chhcamacomico Lifesaving Station and through Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge. The storms were well north of us so we stopped at a beach in the Refuge area.














Jill isn't grimacing - she wants it known the glare was too harsh!

No comments: